Monday, October 09, 2006

Ain't Man Great!!

If you read this blog regularly, you know that I like contrasts. Well, I saw another one last Friday. I was on the golf course (I need to do that more often!) and a big jet flew overhead. It was more than likely on its way to the Omaha International Airport. I thought of the many people on the plan anticipating their arrival in the big city. Just as I marvelled at man's great invention of the jet airplane and all its glory, about 15 or 20 Canadian geese sailed in over the lake (the same lake which tried to take my golf ball!). Their grace was unmistakeable as they glided to rest on the smooth surface of the water. There they were in stark contrast...the big manmade airplane and the graceful geese.
It then struck me that the God who made the geese also made humans who devised the jet airplane. And when I began to think of the foolishness of my first thought, i.e. how great man is, I realized the greatness and wonder of God. The same God who made everything from nothing, the One who threw the stars into the universe, the one who made intellect, geese, the lake, everything I saw is the same Wonderful God who loves you and me. The same One who knows everything about you...and still loves you. What a wonderful thought. And silly me for thinking that a jet could outdo a creation of God. Have a great day. JW

By the way, how 'bout them Hogs???!!!!! Arkansas 27, Auburn 10. It was almost too good to watch. You probably heard Nate and me screaming.

2 comments:

Donna G said...

That lake's obsession with my golf balls is one reason I don't play more!!


Great thoughts.

Anonymous said...

You know the cool thing about airplanes? They bring people closer together sometimes. I am thankful God gave the Wright brothers the skills to explore and develop flying machines. Be looking for 2 nomads the weekend of Nov. 10. :OD