Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Prayer

I'm reading Philip Yancy's new book on prayer. It's appropriately entitled Prayer. So far it's been a wonderful resource, full of great quotes and wonderful insights. Here is a quote from today's reading:

Prayer is a subversive act performed in a world that constantly calls faith into question.

That one just hit me. Recently, I made a comment that we can't prayer in public schools anymore and someone corrected me. He told me that prayers continue in our public schools all the time. He's right! No one can stop me from praying. It can be banned, prohibited, ridiculed, and allegedly stopped, but you cannot keep me from praying to the God who hears all. Ponder that one and let me know what you think. Have a great day. JW

3 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

I started reading that book a week ago, too. That's a topic on my mind a lot these days. Maybe I'll find a way to express my questions and thoughts some time soon.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an excellent book. Thanks for your prayers and please thank Bobby Stokes for contacting all of his prayer warriors.
I heard your "sermon" this morning and tears rolled down my face as I relieved last week talking to you on the phone. Thanks for EVERYTHING! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I mean "relived" not "relieved"