Tuesday, October 10, 2006

More Love

Charles Carl Roberts IV. Does that name ring a bell? Probably not. I had to look it up myself. He was the man who killed five innocent little Amish girls. How quickly we forget. We continue to remember the ugly murders he committed, but we so quickly forgot his name.
I was listening to a radio talk show last night and the commentator told of his funeral. Of course you would expect the standard people to show up even at a murderer's memorial. He was buried in his wife's family plot at the Methodist (I think) Church there in town. Attending the funeral were members of the Amish community. The talk show host expressed his complete and total disbelief at the show of grace and forgiveness. He said, "I will never understand this kind of deed. The world needs more Amish." He's was partially right. That kind of love is truly uncommon, yet available to all...including Mr. Charles Carl Roberts IV. What the world needs is not more Amish, but more who follow and bask in the love that God has shown us from the very beginning. That's what we need.
I hope your day is good. JW

No comments: