Monday, October 30, 2006

Just Pray

What a humbling thought it is to know that God answered your prayer in the positive. The Creator of the universe, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, heard and answered. Prayer is becoming more and important to me the older I get. I read in Phillip Yancey's book on prayer that we often ask the question, "If God knows what I need before I pray, then why pray?" His answer was, isn't it awesome to know that we come along side of God to look at the purpose of our prayer and act in partnership. Obviously, in our small part, we must realize that it is God who wills and acts according to His purpose. But I liked that analogy.
I remember hearing my Dad say, "If you're too busy to pray, you're too busy." Good words. Find the time. In your car, on a walk, before you sleep. Find the time to pray. I hope your day is good. JW

No comments: