Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Leaves of the Field

While I was walking today, I came across thousands upon thousands of little leaves on the pavement. They were a beautiful yellow color, but they had fallen in the fall transition. I was trampling on them, cars had driven over them, some had been blown away by the wind others by blowers, other leaves had been picked up and put into bags for disposal.
Then a thought came over me. God knows about everyone of those leaves. He knew when they turned colors, He remembers when they first sprouted, He even remembered them falling. Don't believe me? Read Matthew 6. "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these." You might say, "Oh, but that's about flowers, not leaves." What's the difference? Then read the next line. "If that is how God clothes the grass (leaves) of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" Yes, we need God. I need God. And I need Him constantly. I am realizing that more and more everyday. I hope you are, too. But I want you to realize that He cares so much for you. So much. Have a great day. JW

No comments: