Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Short Note, A Big Boost

I received a note today. There wasn't anything special about it, but it did come quite unexpectedly. And I wasn't the only person who received the note. It says very simply, "Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about each one of you and about the great blessing that each of you are in my life! I've learned from you, been blessed by your words and actions, been comforted by you, strengthened by you, been forgiven by you, and loved by you. God is awesome--He blessed our family with knowing you!"

Wow! It made my day. Just a short note. Just a "thank you." It didn't take long. It meant more than you can imagine. Perhaps you're thinking today of someone who has blessed your life, or perhaps someones. Write them a note and tell them how much you appreciate them. This one note has brought tears to my eyes and gratitude to my own heart. If nothing else, stop and thank the Father for the difference He has made in your life. Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim that is awesome! I can think of a lot of people who would send you a note like that.

And thanks for that proverbial kick in the "seat of my pants." At least I think that's what it is. You can correct me if I'm wrong.