Wednesday, April 25, 2007

He's Got the Whole World in His Hands

Does it seem to you that things are going from bad to worse? You have the killings at Virginia Tech. You have a guy at NASA killing someone for a bad job review. More casualties occur in Iraq every day. Iran is threatening. Israel is threatening Hamas. Everyone is blaming everyone else. Frankly, it causes my head to spin and to wonder what is happening in our world.
I've been reading from the book of Revelation lately. There is a key element there that we can apply to today. The Christians of the first century are being brutally persecuted. They are struggling with life in general and they ask, "How long?" In chapter 4 we find all of God's creation around His throne. God is in control. We come to the end of chapter 6. God is in control. One of the things that is hardest for us to realize is that God is in control. Twila Paris has a great song that I used to listen to every morning because my life seemed out of control itself. "God is in control. We believe that His children will not be forsaken," she sings. Really, isn't it the truth? There is an old song that used to be sung all the time. Now I rarely hear it. It was sung on the Ed Sullivan show. (I can't believe I'm saying that! It shows my age.) "He's got the whole world in His hands." Yes, He does. He still does. He always will. Have a great day. JW

No comments: