Monday, April 16, 2007

Perfectionists

Are you a perfectionist? Do you worry? I have to admit that I do worry about some things. I have never, however, been accused of being a perfectionist. I've known some in my time and I could give you a list, but I don't want to do that. Perfectionists are never happy because things are never quite the way they should be.
Last night, we were listening in class to Dr. Norman Wright and he made this statement. I thought it was classic: "There's no such thing as a successful perfectionist." Isn't that the truth? To see the world through a perfectionist's eyes is to see a world that's never quite there.
There are those in the church who look at the world this way. We can know everything and every answer to every question. There is no leeway and perfection can be attained. I'm sorry, if that were true, there would never be any room or need for grace.
So give it up, if you are one of those perfectionists. There's only one who was perfect...and you're not Him. Have a great day. JW

No comments: