Monday, April 30, 2007

Pepperdine and Prayers

I leave tomorrow for the Pepperdine Lectures. Last year was my first trip and I loved the opportunity. To hear the caliber of speakers is truly an honor. This year is no exception.
One of the greatest things about being one of God's children is when people say to me that they are praying for me. I've had that happen several times lately and it means a lot. Encouragement is one of God's greatest gifts. Barnabas...son of Encouragement. He's one of my favorite Bible characters because he always is positive. I think about Paul in Philippians when he tells them whatever is true and right and noble and of good report, think about those things. Instead of thinking of gossip, dirt, trash, and other such things, think of noble things. I think that is what praying is.
So to all of you out there who are praying....thanks. More than you'll ever know. Have a great day. I'll see you next week. JW

1 comment:

Karen said...

I know you will have a great time; I'm sorry we don't get to see you there this year. You'll have to sing loud enough for the both of us, I guess. :)

If you get the chance, go eat some pasta carbonara at Tra di Noi for me.