Monday, April 02, 2007

Song Tag

The last time I was tagged, it was a book tag. This time Franklin has done a music tag. I'm supposed to list seven songs I'm listening to. I'm going to cheat just a little. But I'll explain that in my explanations:

1. Your Are A Child of Mine--Mark Schultz, anything by Mark Schultz. This song encourages me in the mornings when I hear these words.

2. You Found Me--FFH. I just like this upbeat song about my relationship with God.

3. What Will You Do With The Time That's Left?--Another Mark Schultz. Wow, I could put any of his songs on this list. Letters from War, Walking Her Home, etc.

4. Untitled Hymn--Chris Rice. This song became special to me after the deaths of my father-in-law and my mother. Tears fill my eyes everytime I hear this song.

5. When Peace Like a River--We sang this in our worship yesterday. There is nothing more moving than our congregational affirmation of whatever happens, we trust God. I know this isn't technically a song I'm listening to right now. But in a way, yes it is.

6. My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less--Okay, sorry. I get to do another one like number 5. There are no better words than, "On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand."

7. I Can Only Imagine--Mercy Me. I've got to admit. I almost put in So Long Selfhere. But once again, since the passing of two dear people, this song has come to mean a lot.

8. Everywhere I Go I See You--Rich Mullins, or Michael W. Smith. Actually, I prefer Rich Mullins version. As I walk in the mornings, I see the glorious sunrises, I hear the birds singing, and the whole world wakes around me, I see the Father. By the way, I listed eight when I was only supposed to list seven. It's my blog and I can do what I want. There are so many and the list changes from day to day.

Okay. I tag Karen Koonce. She will love this. Have fun with it, Karen. Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yeah, I had fun with it. It was hard to narrow it down, though.