Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's Another Good Day

What a beautiful day! As I walked this morning, the sky was just brightening up and the birds were singing. There wasn't quite (operative word here, "quite") the nip in the air as there has been the last several days. It is supposed to snow again tomorrow, but for today, that's past.
God and I had a nice walk together. New thoughts came to mind as I pondered my lesson for Sunday, my lesson for tonight, my lesson for Pepperdine. I thought about a blog I read recently by Terry Rush. In fact, any blog by Terry Rush. He hits a home run every time I read him. He talked recently about measuring our ministry by the seed we sow, not by all the other tangibles the world uses. I was thinking about sowing seed. Yesterday, he talked about the pivotal part of his ministry was when he quit talking about brotherhood issues and started preaching Christ. I appreciate his attitude.
So I was joyful as the day began. And to top it off, as I came down the last stretch to the house, my son drove out on his way to school. He stopped and opened the door (he tried to roll down the window, but failed. He's only a junior in high school and they are electric windows) and gave me the hand bump or the rock, whatever you call it. It's what we do before he goes to school. We say, "Jesus is Lord." We have to do it twice. Now I ask you, how could a day start off better than that? I hope yours goes as well. JW

1 comment:

Karen said...

Your post brought a song to my lips (I know, what a surprise):

It's a Good Day, FFH

However long our feet have walked on this world
We've all lived long enough to know
That sometimes life will go our way
And other times it won't
But still I've got this joy inside of me
With each new dawn I do believe to

(chorus)
Say hey, it's a good day
Even if things aren't going my way
Jesus is Lord and I am saved
So, say hey, it's a good day

Circumstance and situations change
You know life can turn on a dime
But there's a constant hope and peace
That I have come to find
And it's all because of who God is
And that He is alive and I am His, so

(chorus)

We are all as happy as we make our minds up to be
I have just decided that nothing's gonna take this joy from me

(chorus)