Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Weather

Well, well, well. The old saying goes, "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb." I remember this saying from my first grade class years ago (and I mean years ago). Truthfully, March did come in like a lion here in Nebraska. We had a blizzard right at the first of the month. By the end of March it was warm and pleasant. Flowers were blooming, grass was growing, and everything looked like, well, like Spring. March went out like a lamb.
But as I look out my window here on April 11, it's snowing. However, it's actually quite warm (32 degrees) considering the weather has been in the teens overnight for over the last week. We had a record (a record, even in Nebraska) cold night at 18 degrees several nights ago. March may have come in like a lion, but somebody forgot to kill it! And it killed the lamb.
But you know what? What does the weather really matter? What matters is friends and relationships. Just ask my California friends. Paul said, "But, brothers, when we were torn away from you for a short time (in person, not in thought), out of our intense longing we made every effort to see you. For we wanted to come to you--certainly I, Paul, did, again and again--but Satan stopped us." Tell me the weather was on Paul's mind when he wrote those words.
So when you start getting down about rain, or snow, or even too much sunshine (An old Arab proverb--Too much sunshine doth a desert make.), remember your relationships.
Now, just for the record, I would take a nice sunshine type day with temperatures in the upper 70s. Hope your day is great. Mine's going to be. JW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Friends & family are incredibly important. Thanks for being a friend and part of our family!
I'll be praying for Wayne and YOU!Thank the Lord that he has this in a day & age that treatments can "cure" him. Still scary...