Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Please Pray for Wayne

I just got a shudder during a phone call that I just had in the last hour. In 1993, my father died of prostate cancer. After surgery, broken bones, and finally the cancer literally eating through his hip, he died from the horrible disease on July 8, 1993.
I just talked to my eldest brother, Wayne, who is a preacher in Dallas, TX. He just informed me that he's been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Now I know treatments have changed a lot since Dad was first told of his cancer, but that doesn't make the thought of his cancer any easier to take.
So it is my prayer that you remember my brother Wayne. He leaves for the Ukraine on Thursday of this week to teach and preach for a little over two weeks. Then on his return, he will have surgery. I'll try to keep you informed.
God is good. God is faithful. Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

David U said...

I will be honored to do that! It's amazing how far they have come with prostate cancer treatments. My dad had it in his 70's, and he is doing fine.

Keep us updated.
DU